Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Boot Revelations

lace jacket & skirt: cato, tee: target (old), boots: thrifted (old)


kiddo busily playing with ribbon

and this is what happens when the hubby walks in while I am taking outfit pics -  I make faces at him

Happy Wednesday, friends! Obviously these pictures were take before Christmas since there are gifts under the tree! This is actually what I wore to church the Sunday before Christmas. I love wearing creamy white in the winter and the pop of deep burgundy showed off the pretty lace jacket thingy really well. I added my taupe tights and vintage boots. I am really loving the proportion of these mid calf boots with the pencil skirt. I just feel like the extra leg showing is a good thing for my shrimpy self. I have tried on at least a jillion pairs of boots in the last month or so and have come to a few conclusions. First the ankle boots look good on other ladies but not me. They make me look like I have cankles. Not pretty, y'all. Second actual knee high boots make my legs look short. (Well shorter at least.) Seems like it should be the other way around, but there you have it. For some reason, on me a boot needs to hit around mid calf (like these) or about four inches under my knee (like my black and brown ones) to be truly flattering. So. There you have it. More than you ever wanted to know about boot flattery. Have you discovered a particular shaft height to be unflattering on you? Do tell?!

Linking up with Transatlantic Blonde, Create Hope Inspire and The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...