Monday, December 17, 2012

Predictable

jacket: cato (old), dress: cato (old), boots: thrifted



Happy Monday, friends! Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend. ;) I spend most of the weekend making (and eating) treats! If y'all are interested a few food posts every now and then, let me know in the comments. I'm not an amazing cook or anything, but I do have some fun, quick and easy recipes that we enjoy around here. :)

Now, on to the clothes. This dress is one of a very few printed items of clothing I own. And I will probably keep it forever. It was the dress I was wearing when I found out I was pregnant with the kiddo. You know the adorable one in that last picture up there. Man, he cutes me to death. On another note, I clearly need to change things up a bit. How many Sundays in a row have I worn a blazer over a dress? Stay tuned. Maybe next week I'll go really wild and wear a pencil skirt (probably with a blazer) ;).

Hubby and I will be spending today in the 'city'. He is taking me to see The Hobbit for my birthday. I am so excited. I have mentioned a time or six here on the blog that I am a nerd. I read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in junior high and then again multiple times in high school. And then again every year when the movies came out I would re-read the entire series before we went to see the new movie (usually for my birthday since that is when they came out). I even won a radio call in contest by knowing that Treebeard was an Ent. (If you have neither read the books nor seen the movie Treebeard is a very cool character in The Two Towers (the second book/movie).) We will also be finishing up our Christmas shopping sans kiddo and I will be happily spending my birthday money. ;)

Any of you LOTR fans out there? Fellow nerds? Book lovers?

Linking up with Monday Mingle, Visible Monday and YOLO!

P.S. Out of respect for and in commiseration with the grief of the people of Newtown, CT I will be observing the Blogger Day of silence tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this tragedy. Regular programing will resume Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...