Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmasy Comfortable Chic

blouse: old navy, dress: charlotte russe, belt: hubby's, necklace: cato, flats: thrifted

contrary to his facial expression, the kiddo really wanted to be in a picture with mommy


comfy, casual for around the house

Y'all there are only a few days left until Christmas. When did that happen? Seriously!? Yikes. ;)

The top outfit is what I wore to go see my kiddo in his first ever Christmas program. During which he sat in his chair with his back to the audience watching the rest of the kids sing whilst not singing. a. single. note. ;) Apparently he believed he was there to be entertained rather than to do the entertaining. Oh well. He succeeded in cracking us up as we were trying to figure out what in the world he was doing. ;) The bottom outfit is what I wore to spend the rest of the day around the house. While I loved the dress over the blouse, there was an unforeseen problem with the layering. A knit dress over a silky blouse equals slippage. The shoulders would not stay put. I will most likely never wear this dress over a silky blouse again as it drove. me. up. the. wall. However I loved the combination of mint and burgundy and will probably be wearing the outfit with the cardi for Christmas day. We take about six million pictures, but I also like to be comfy and this outfit was comfy enough to nap in once I took off the offending blouse.

We have family coming in for Christmas and I doubt I will have a lot of time for blogging. So I've lined up a week's worth of Blast from the Past posts. Many of you are new readers who recently started following and I thought you might enjoy seeing a few posts from 2011. Please do laugh at them when you have the time. And I hope you all have the most blessed and wonderful holiday week.

Merry Christmas, friends!

Linking up with Kate's Christmas Link-up, Blonde Episodes, Favorite Frock Friday, All Things Chic and Casual Friday.

1 comment:

  1. My son did the exact same thing in his pageant, then promptly ran to me yelling Mama, once his song was over. Maybe this will make you feel better :)
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...