Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lazy Hair Day





I have to say that black and tan/khaki is one of my favorite neutral color combinations. It just hits me as classic and uncomplicated. Although this dress isn't actually one of my faves (the fit is kind of stiff) I love these wedges (which are the most comfortable I own despite the height) and these earrings (which are clearly fabulous) are a couple of my favorite pieces. I also seem to like lots of parentheses (obviously)! ;)

On a sort of amusing note, I didn't realize until I was driving to church that I hadn't even brushed my hair that morning. I'm sure I've mentioned somewhere around here that I am pretty low maintenance (read lazy) when it comes to my hair, but I usually do at least brush it. Geez. So, in case you were wondering, this is what my hair looks like when I wash it and sleep on it (while wet, mind you - lazy, remember).

Linking up with Transatlantic Blonde and The Pleated Poppy!

And since we were out all day yesterday and thus, no post, here are my Me, Myself and I answers for this month! ;)
1. When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up? I read. A lot. There is nothing like immersing yourself in another world to make you feel better. This is also why I refuse to read anything that doesn't have a happy ending. For this reason, I loathe Nicholas Sparks. Geez Louise. My life has plenty of things to make me miserable, my escape route should not. ;)

2. If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer? I would love to have lived during the Regency Era in England, but only if I could be a member of the aristocracy. The clothes, the manners, the balls, the servants. Ahhhh. So lovely. For those of y'all who have no idea what I am talking about think Jane Austen, empire waisted gowns, Napoleon (the emperor, not the creepy movie dude) etc.

3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn? Ummmmm........ no clue. I grew up in a family that didn't celebrate halloween in any way and as an adult I just don't really get into it that much. ;) I love letting my kiddo dress up (he will be Bumblebee again this year. ;), but I just don't like spending precious clothing budget money on something so silly. ;)

4. Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?
1. I am a pseudo-gamer. I love shooting zombies with my hubby on the x-box. We enjoy playing any number of co-op games together. We just got the new Borderlands and can't wait to play tonight after the kiddo goes to bed. ;) And we are really looking forward to the new Call of Duty coming out in November; we play zombies online with my brother and sister-in-law. So much fun.
2. I hate sushi. Yuk. Just yuk. ;)
3. I also hate frosting. Love cake, just can't stand frosting or whipped cream or that nasty filling stuff they put in cupcakes and stuff. Ick. This means that my kiddo and I get along very well as he only ever seems to want to eat the frosting and I just want the cake. ;)
4. I was co-captain of a synchronized swimming team in high school. It was a lot of fun and a crazy amount of work. Truthfully there was more work involved in the training and practice for the synch team than for the regular lap swimming. I loved it.
5. I hate reality tv. Actually I am not much of a tv watcher. I love Bones. That's pretty much the only show still running that I watch. I'd rather be reading a book. Reality tv either bores me or disgusts me. (Except for Mythbusters, I love Mythbusters) I can't stand the way people treat each other and talk about each other and the drama is just too much. So. I just don't watch it.

5. What would you tell your 16-year-old self?  I don't know? That was a long time ago. 'This too shall pass.' Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...