Friday, August 17, 2012

Uncomfy Soles and A Soul Mate





I actually wore this to church a couple of weeks ago. An easy silk shell and skirt with simple pink slides. I have had these slides for years, but oddly even though they are only a couple of inches high they are ridiculously uncomfortable. A four inch stiletto I can manage quite comfortably for a couple of hours, but these were killing me within 15 minutes. Needless to say, they will be leaving my closet forever and ever, amen. ;) I am now officially old. Yep, it doesn't matter how cute a shoe is, if it hurts my feet, I am not wearing it. Eh.

Me and My Beloved
 On August 17, 1997 I went to the BSU for an ice cream social welcoming the incoming freshman. It was after church and I wasn't really all that interested, but my best friend insisted. While hanging out with said best friend and not really paying that much attention to what was going on around me, I heard the words "My best friend likes Shakespeare too!" I looked up to see the most gorgeous, tall, dark haired handsome guy smiling at me. We proceeded to have a conversation about Shakespeare and poetry, including him quoting from memory the entire 'to be or not to be' soliloquy from Hamlet. We talked for hours. I went home that night and informed my beloved Grammy that I had met 'THE ONE'. Needless to say, she freaked. Turned out he felt the same way and within the week we were inseparable and officially a couple. We dated for a year, were engaged for four months and got married on January 3, 1999. He was the first guy I dated, held hands with, my first kiss and my best friend. So, 15 years ago today, I met my soul mate. ;)  He's still the most handsome guy I know, the most amazing father to my son and my best friend in the entire world. And he still quotes Hamlet on occasion. ;) Indeed we will probably be watching Much Ado About Nothing (the first movie we watched together) tonight.

Today is the last day to enter my giveaway! I will be announcing the winner on Monday!

Linking up with All Things Chic, Feature Friday, Blonde Episodes and Thrifters Annonymous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...