Tuesday, July 24, 2012

GCGH Packing





Hello pretty ladies! This is what I am wearing to drive in the car all day. Easy and comfy. End of story. Not amazingly stylish, but you win some, you lose some. ;) We are spending the rest of the week with my brother and his family in Missouri. Looking forward to lots of fun. ;)

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Go Chic or Go Home. If you haven't, go check it out. It is awesome. Seriously. Kind of like Cher's closet in Clueless. You upload your clothes and inspiration photos, build outfits, make new friends, earn points toward gift cards and pack your suitcase. Huh? Yes, pack your suitcase. I have been traveling a lot this summer, but this trip is the first time I used GCGH for packing. I am an outfit packer. I prefer to pack outfits complete with accessories and underthings along with a few extras rather than doing a remix. For one thing, I have a preschooler which means my clothing usually needs to be washed after one wearing. There is almost always something (and I don't always know what) on my clothes when I take them off at the end of the day. This means that remixing isn't practical. I am reasonably good at planning and packing, but I will still often forget something. Last Christmas I made it to our destination without a single accessory. Oops.

Anywho. On to how I used GCGH to pack. I scanned my ensembles and picked out four that I liked and wanted to pack. (We are staying three days and I always like to have one extra outfit just in case.)  I created a new board called Packing and added each piece from each ensemble to that board. I included the inspiration pictures so I would know how I wanted to wear each piece (you know just in case I forgot what went with what!) ;) I added an extra pair of pants in case I need something warmer and a sweater because I never travel without a sweater. I hate being air conditioned to death. :)


This is what my screen looks like. If you want to see the entire thing, go here. If you would like an invitation to join the community, let me know in the comments.

Hope you are having a great week we are headed out today! Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to blog a bit while there. ;)

Linking up today with: Real Girl Style, YOLO, and Steppin' Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...