Friday, August 19, 2011

FBFF: Dreaming and a Belting Challenge

tee: gap, skirt & bag: target, belt: forever 21, sandals: thrifted




seriously cute snakeskin thongs - cost: $1

Welcome to day four: Belting! Belts are awesome. Here are a few of my favorite belted looks: black and leopard, floral and utility, grey and red, and white and leopard. And a new one for today! Today's activities include running errands and a surprise birthday party for a good friend tonight. I love the lace skirt and these snakeskin sandals are perfect. I think a black bag would look better, but I am perfectly fine with being all matchy. I may not be the mayor of Matchytown (I believe Sal has that honor), but I am definitely a resident.

1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be? Wow, so this is where we get to be all vulnerable and stuff, huh? I have two dreams. One, if I had the time, money, and inclination to go back to school for a million years, I would love to go into counseling. Truthfully, I already do a lot of it because of my position working with teenagers, but sometimes, I think it would be nice to have the credentials and actually get paid for it. :) The other crazy dream I have is to be a writer. I have started about 12 books, but before I finish I get another idea and so.... I have about 12 half completed books. Not particularly useful.

2. What draws you to this? I am drawn to counseling because I love helping people. I am drawn to writing because I love telling stories. Not sure that I love one more than the other, although one is easier than the other for sure. :)

3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? Ok, here's the thing. I started writing in high school, but I also dreamed about wanting to help people. I had some difficult experiences as a child and early teen and I just wanted to help other people like me. So, both dreams have been around for at least half of my life. Wow. Now I feel old.

4. What's holding you back from going all in? Well, I don't have the time or money to go back to school right now. And honestly wouldn't even if I did. My priority right now is raising my son and I am totally happy doing that. Perhaps once he's in school and I have some actual free time, I might consider it, but it just isn't an option right now. Now, on the writing front....I suppose it is a little fear of failure. As long as the manuscripts sit unfinished they can't be rejected, right? So. There you have it. I am a coward. I suppose it is always easier to dream than to do.

5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? Well, I've already said the counseling dream is on the shelf for the time being. And honestly, I am living my dream. I am a stay at mom to the most wonderful kiddo and happily married to the man of my dreams. I am genuinely content with my life and fulfilled in a way that I never realized was possible before I had my son. That said. I suppose I could finish at least one story. They are all plotted through to the end, just not written. Hmmmm. We'll see.

Thank you to Katy Rose over at Modly Chic for the great questions, as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Love the snakeskin thongs! Seriously cute is right.

    How wonderful that you are content. I think it is much easier to dream than to be content and find happiness in the life we have. To play the 'if only' game. Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...