Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 19 - Substitute Jeans

tee: walmart, shorts: thrifted (diy), sandals: payless



I know what you're thinking. Yes, I am indeed a bona fide mind reader. Really. Truly I am. You're thinking these shorts aren't in my 30 items. Oh, you mean you weren't thinking that? Well. It's true they aren't. weren't. whatever. Anyway. I had to replace my original cut-offs because they wouldn't stay on. Seriously. They were actually falling off me. And let me tell you, my friends, that is not cool. Cause, no one needs to see my undies. Sooooo, I actually thrifted these jeans for my hubby and he wasn't crazy about them. On a whim I tried them on and lo and behold they fit! However they had a 34 inch inseam. I am almost 5'3". Obviously I do not have 34 inch legs. They were ridiculously long. Find me some scissors and get all snip happy and viola - new jean shorts. (aka jorts, but I just don't like that word, ya know, it just sounds ..... strange)

And on that happy note, I'll wish you all a lovely Wednesday night and Thursday and hopefully the rest of the week too!

2 comments:

  1. i have jeans turned to shorts exactly like those and wear them with similar sandals, funny~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when my clothes start falling off! It means all this exercise is actually combating all the chocolate I'm eating! ;)

    That was brilliant to change your hubby's jeans into a pair of shorts for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...