Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 9 - Feeling (mostly) Fine

top: thrifted, tank & sandals: target, shorts: cato



So, outfit number 9 already. Almost 1/3 of the way there. :) Unfortunately the colors are not coming through in these pics very well. The blouse is a very pale salmon pink that looks amazing with the jewel toned purple. This is the first outfit from the challenge that I never would have thought to put together. You know, I haven't worn vests since the nineties, but I'm kinda getting into them again. (I'm even considering purchasing a denim vest! :) I love layering, but in the summer sleeves are just too much. These two tops are both silk and therefore comfortably cool, even layered.

I think I am on day 15 of my 30 day shred. (I started late and have missed two days.) Let me tell you, that stupid plank pose has been kicking my rear. However, last night for the first, I made it all the way through level two without my shoulders screaming bloody murder at me. :) The soreness in my thighs is finally beginning to lessen and all things considered, I'm feeling pretty good. I wish my middle were coming along a little better, but I am pretty happy with the results so far. I have lost at least 3 inches off my thighs and two off my hips. :) While there is still some arm flabbiness, I do have actual muscles in there now. Best of all I feel strong. That is a pretty cool feeling, my friends. Well worth the agony. (And yes, it is agony!)

Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple top! So pretty! I think I'm going to start the 30 day shred next week. I started it once before and it lasted all of three days. lol Hopefully, I can finish it this time!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...