Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

Cheeeeese!

Just like mommy
"Mommy, I'm looking with my eyes!

This week I am thankful for my son because he made me a mother. Obvious I know.  The thing is most of my life Mother's Day has been an incredibly difficult day for me. My mother died when I was five. She was an incredible woman and I am so thankful for her legacy. I wish I remembered more about her, but I know her from other people and am proud to be her daughter. I moved in with my grandparents when I was almost 12 and my grandmother finished raising me. She was also an incredible woman and I adored her. She battled cancer for most of my teenage years with grace and perseverance. She was willing to try anything and never gave up. Even though she never went to college, she was one of the most educated people I've ever known. She just never stopped learning and reading and researching whatever she was interested in. She died when I was 21. The thing that grieves me most to this day is the fact that she didn't get to meet my sweet boy. She had eight grandkids and delighted in all of us. She was an amazing woman and I am so grateful to have known her and been raised by her. Even though I will always miss both of them, now that I have my own little own, this day is a little less painful. Cause life with my Munchkin is always joyful. As you can see, he is quite the little ham. :)

So, this week, if your mom is still with you be sure to hug her for me. Trust me, you will never regret giving the ones around you more love.

What is the one thing that inspires you the most about your mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...