Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

jacket: cato, dress: forever 21, wedges: target


inherited ring, bracelet & scarf
Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all had a fantastic day. Sunday's are pretty nutty around our house, so we will actually be celebrating tomorrow. :)

This is my new dress from Forever 21 and even with my tallest wedges it is still too long. It was just serendipity that one of my favorite scarves from my Grammy happened to match. I love this scarf; it is silk and has the beautiful combination of colors - silver, teal, aqua and even rose. So pretty. The ring was given to me on my eighteenth birthday by my Grammy. She inherited it from my grandfather's grandmother. I love it. The bracelet belonged to my husband's grandmother and also just happened to go with the dress. I love wearing things that belonged to the people I love. I always feel closer to my Grammy when I wear her stuff. I don't have tons, but what I do have I love. The different pieces are beautiful in and of themselves but I also have the memories of my precious Grammy wearing them.

Do you have pieces inherited from loved ones? Do you wear them or keep them put away? What is your favorite piece?

1 comment:

  1. I am really loving the color of that maxi! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...