Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cheap and Chic Library: Love You More

tee: cato, pants: walmart, belt: from a top, shoes: marshalls



I love this outfit! The tee is from my pregnancy days and it is super soft and comfy and I feel  like the neckline is super flattering. With the addition of the belt it is perfect. I also love the lime and cobalt together. I have had these shoes since about 2005, I think and I still love them. Seriously beaded lime green flats! Awesome.

Last night I finished Love You More by Lisa Gardner. It was very good. If you enjoy a good mystery/suspense novel, I would recommend it for sure. It is a D.D. Warren mystery, if you have read any of them, you'll really enjoy this one. D.D. goes through quite a bit of change in this book and by the end she is a better person. I always love when a character grows though the course of the novel.

While it is a fairly classic murder suspense, the subject matter of this one was fascinating. It explores motherhood in two different ways. "Who do you love and how far would you go to save her?" is the quote from the book jacket. Wow, what an amazing book. As a mother, it is one of those things that is difficult to think about. What would we do for our children and how far would we go to save them. As you read and learn more about Tessa, the murder suspect, you keep wondering. Did she or didn't she? The evidence is stacked against her, but the more you get to know her personally, the more you wonder. In typical fashion the author weaves an incredible story around the characters and there is a bit of a surprise ending. Although I did figure part of it out, the final ending was a surprise to me. I had to diligently resist looking to the final chapter all the way through. To me that is one of the marks of a good book. I am interested enough in the characters to want to know the ending, but caught up enough in the story to let it play out as the author intended.

So, if you are looking for a good read, head over to your library and check out Love You More by Lisa Gardner. Or just any book by Lisa Gardner. They are all good.

Have you read a good book recently?

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE this outfit! Great color shirt and I love that belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a goofball, CC ;) I super love the cobalt and lime, too. What an awesome color combo, I will have to try and work that in somewhere myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That belt and flats really make this cobalt blue pop. Love the color combo!
    I love comments too, so its not just about being a "baby blogger" - they're fun all the time!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...