Friday, April 8, 2011

Icing


All handcrafted by me except safari necklace

I did get dressed today, in a pretty cute outfit. Unfortunately not a single picture turned out to be usable. So, no outfit pic today. Sorry about that. The above is the results of my remarkably productive evening. Every once in a while I get creatively inspired and find it necessary to create. This usually leads to a jewelry binge. A trip to Hobby Lobby yielded some great finds - the giant clear teardrops and the animal print drops. The clear necklace was inspired by an aqua one Kendi and Petite Early Morning Style have worn. I loved it and have been trying to recreate it for a while. I finally found the teardrops in a decent size. I can't wait to wear it. The Beloved's reaction: "Isn't a little over the top?" Absolutely! He just shrugged. (Just so you know, the matching earings are not be worn with the necklace. That would be a little much.)

The only piece above that I didn't make is the animal necklace. It was given to me by some dear friends years ago after a mission trip to Africa. The string broke years ago and it has been sitting in a bag awaiting repair ever since. I finally got to it tonight. I've never worn it because that style of necklace wasn't 'in' back in the nineties when I received it. Each animal is handcarved and the beads are all obviously handmade. Isn't it awesome. I love having truly one of a kind pieces.

Not to toot my own horn here, but if you see something you like, let me know and I can make one for you. Usually for under $20. I'm considering the idea of an Etsy shop, but I'll have to do some research first.

Night ya'll! (By ya'll, I mean Erin) ;)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHHAAHA! Goodnight, CC!

    PS BEAUTIFUL productivity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the teardrop necklace! I see Kendi's all the time and think often of how badly I need one, and how easily I could make one. I was recently gifted a similar necklace in rose and gold by a friend but Im dying to diy a silver/blue version. youve just given me the motivation I needed.

    Also, the safari necklace is blogger gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with how crafty you are! I have zero DIY skills myself, so I just borrow jewelry from a friend who does :) I love the teardrop necklace especially.

    www.academiasartorial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teardrop necklace, I've been looking for something similar, it reminds me of the Anthropologie necklace I coulnd't afford (booohoo) you have talent!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...