Friday, April 15, 2011

FBFF - Gratitude

1. When it comes to me personally, I owe a lot of who I am to my grandmother. I moved in with my grandparents when I was eleven and they raised me. She was an incredible woman. Even though she never went to college, she was one of the most intelligent women I've ever known. She was always reading and educating herself on whatever she was interested in. She was by turns silly and serious. She had a great sense of style, but was never one to follow the trends. She wore what made her happy and comfortable and it didn't matter to her what other people thought. One of my favorite silly memories of her happened when I was about 15. She had had a double mastectomy by that time, but what bothered her more than anything in the world was that her backside was flat. Having a flat chest was inconsequential in her world, but that flat backside really bugged her. She cracked me up. She would have loved the Blog world and seeing what other people thought and wrote about the things that interested her.

2. When it comes to me professionally, I owe a lot of who I am to: At the moment I am a stay at home mom, so no profession right now. I am considering some training in medical transcription so that I can earn money while still staying home with my munchkin. We'll see.

3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I'm grateful to Tatiana of Love, Life, Lace for her help in figuring out how to put her button on my page. She was so gracious and helpful.

4. One blogging challenge I'm grateful happened because it made me stronger was learning how to put buttons on my blog. So far that has been the only real challenge, but I haven't been doing this for very long. I am sure there will be plenty more. :)

5. To my readers, I'd like to say: "Live by faith, unafraid. Trust the Hand that guides your way. Dream out loud, brave and proud. Vanquish doubt from everyday. I'd tell you that you ought to give your life away, if I had one last thing to say."  Chorus of  One Last Thing to Say by James Tealy available here.

Thank you to Katy over at Modly Chic for today's great questions.

Have an incredible day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...